Clinical imaging in humans can help companies to improve productivity and de-risk their drug development process. Imanova provide world class translational medicine capabilities by bringing together world class scanning equipment, radio-ligand development and imaging research methodology. Depending on the requirement of the Imanova provides:
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Imaging services - Molecular imaging with PET uses compounds radiolabelled with tracer amounts of radioactivity to image human biological function in vivo. PET imaging in early clinical development, often in parallel with the first in human studies, helps determine the drug distribution, target interaction and downstream pharmacology. Such information can be used to provide dosing information for proof-of-concept studies, which has been demonstrated to reduce both cost and time in early stage development.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - A non-invasive medical imaging technique used in radiology to investigate the anatomy and physiology of the body in both health and disease. MRI scanners use magnetic fields and radio waves to form images of the body. Imanova provides a range of MRI solutions including:
- Functional MRI (fMRI) – to understand how different parts of the brain respond to external stimuli
- Structural MRI – to provide detailed images of soft tissues in the body to monitor disease progression in areas such as inflammatory arthritis, respiratory disease and neurodegeneration
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) – for measuring metabolism and target metabolites in tissues such as muscle and brain
- Working in collaboration with academic, research and commercial organisations, Imanova aims to provide access to:
- Internationally renowned scientists and clinical research staff, operating across all key aspects of Imaging Sciences
- Meet the requirements of commercial partners, and operate within a high level GMP/GCP environment
- Extensive experience in designing, conducting and analysing imaging studies to deliver information that will allow critical decision making.